|Alias||Witch of Frost (霜の魔女 Shimo no Majo)|
|Nickname|| Emilia-tan (エミリアたん Emiria-tan)|
Lia (リア Ria)
Emily (エミリー Emirī)
|Age|| 19 (18 Arc 1-4) (physical)|
108 (107 Arc 1-4) (actual)
15 (14 Arc 1-4) (emotional)
|Eye Color||Purple Blue|
|Height||164 cm (5'5")|
|• Professional Status•|
|Affiliation|| Kingdom of Lugnica|
|• Personal Status•|
|• Abilities and Equipment•|
|Light Novel||Volume 1|
|Japanese Voice||Takahashi Rie|
|English Voice||Kayli Mills|
Emilia (エミリア) is the main heroine of the Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu series. She is a Half Elf and a candidate to become the 42nd King of Lugnica. After arc 4, Subaru officially becomes her knight.
Emilia is a beautiful Half Elf with long silver hair and purple blue eyes. She wears a white and purple outfit along with a white flower in her hair. Throughout the series, she has styled her hair in a variety of ways.
Emilia is good natured and likes to take care of others, though Emilia herself refuses to admit it, instead thinking of it as her own selfishness. She is indifferent to her own appearance, leaving Pack to take care of her clothes and hair. Because her appearance is similar to the Witch of Envy, she has received unfair discrimination from others. She sometimes acts like a child and is unacquainted with the world as she used to live in the woods with other Elves, though despite this she still works hard to become a king.
Around 100 years ago, Emilia lived with her aunt of her fathers side Fortuna in Elior Forest. She saw Fortuna as her mother and Geuse as her father figure. One day, Pandora and Regulus Corneas attacked Elior Forest to open the Seal within the deepest part of Elior Forest, following into the death of Fortuna, the madness of Geuse. Emilia enraged when she saw the corpse of Fortuna who was killed by Pandora's powers and froze the whole forest, along with the citizens and Emilia herself.
Seven years before the start of the election, Pack unfroze Emilia to contract with her and began to act as her as surrogate father and mentor. Pack used contract itself to seal parts of her memories that had been tampered with by Pandora. Later on they started to live at Roswaal's Mansion after he came to them with an offer to become the 42th King of Lugunica to save the citizens of Elior Forest with the blood of Volcanica. Though now after experiencing the harsh state that she other demi-humans have gone through also hopes to become a ruler that can mend relations between them and humans that Witch of Envy destroyed with her reign of terror long ago.
Spirit User (精霊使い Seirei Tsukai): Emilia is currently contracted with several Quasi Spirits and was formerly contracted with the Artificial Spirit Pack. During the incident at the Sanctuary, Pack broke his contract with her, causing her existing pendant to shatter, and she temporarily carried him around in a crystal stone that wasn't pure enough for her to use him properly. She later replaces her pendant with a new high purity crystal stone following the events at Priestella, however she states that she still doesn't have enough mana to form a new contract. Pack himself was a Human before he was made into an Artificial Spirit by Echidna and has some sort of contract with her that seals his former memories unless a certain condition is met. Some of Emilia's contract conditions are:
- He will be active only from 9 am to 5 pm
- Do not ask his relationship with Beatrice
- Do not look into mirror or go near large water
- Do not hide the fact that you are a half-elf
- He will choose your hairstyle every morning
- Groom his fur regularly
- Have some exercise when you wake up and before going to bed.
- Do not be picky about food
- Talk with lesser spirits every morning and evening
Spirit Magic (精霊術): With Pack and her other spirits, Emilia is capable of using this. Emilia and and Pack can smoothly alternate between roles of offense and defense for devastating results while with the Quasi Spirits she use them for various applications such as healing.
Magic User: Following the trials, Emilia remembered that she could use magic without Pack, and becomes able to use it again. She is able to use fire magic; like her aunt Fortuna, she could convert heat into ice.
- Huma (ヒューマ): Emilia creates a shining barrier that blocks other projectiles / sorts of magic, though if the incoming magic is stronger than the shield it will inflict the user.
- Ur Huma (ウル・ヒューマ): Emilia summons a massive ice pilar and hurls to it's target. It's capable of destroying an entire building.
- Al Huma (アル・ヒューマ): Emilia creates a sharp ten meter long spear of ice. The spear can also be modified to trap enemies.
- Ice Brand Arts (アイスブランドアーツ): This technique allows Emilia to instantly conjure ice made weapons which she can use and freely manipulate in close-quarters combat. The weapons are very sturdy and even capable of withstanding heat.
- Ice Brand Arts: Icicle Line (アイスブランドアーツ、アイシクルライン): Emilia creates a limited area barrier made of ice particles around her opponent which she uses to attack in all directions by transforming the ice particles into weapons. This move was originally thought up by Subaru.
- Ice Flower (氷の花): Emilia creates flowers made of ice on wounds of living beings within a certain area that suck the host's life force and bloom by sucking the host's blood. Seven years ago, Emilia couldn't control the effect area and stop it properly until Pack taught her how to do it correctly.
- According to the author, Emilia's birthday is September 23.