FANDOM


  • I hope i'm the first with this theory. I think, yes, it might be unique.


    I'll give you this dialogue thanks to the latest Arc 5 Translation :

    [Emilia : Emilia: My eyes, my voice, my silver hair! All of those came from my favorite person, from the most beautiful person in the world! Treating them as though they’re dirty infuriates me!]

    [Sirius: Fury!? Did you just say fury!? Don’t kid with me! Fury is mine! It’s the precious thing that I received from that person! This duty and the name are all gifts from that person! To, without authorization, without permission, take that away from me...I won’t allow it! Won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won't, won’t!]




    Okay, so my theory is : Could it be that Flugel is in actuality Emilia's father?

    Well, Petelgeuse apologized towards Flugel when he took his bones to absorb the Witch Genes of Sloth. Now that's funny, since Flugel is actually the only person we know had Witch Genes in the story formerly. So that means, could it be he also had Wrath genes?


    Emilia mentions that she got her aspects of the Witch thanks to her mother/father. Let's take 'father' for this theory.


    Sirius mentions that she got her 'fury' from 'that one' person. Now this actually fits pretty well. Now i'm not saying that Fortuna had the genes before the fall and Permafrost of Elior. What i'm thinking is that Crazy Geuse remembered where the 'last genes' we're hidden and showed that to Pandora. Pandora got interested into that and resurrected Fortuna and gave her the Genes, without Fortuna knowing that Pandora gave her the Genes, and still thinking that Flugel was the one that hided and had the Wrath Genes.

    Please, don't be rough on me. If something isn't right, don't hurt me.

      Loading editor
    • Gracedharperd wrote: Okay, so my theory is : Could it be that Flugel is in actuality Emilia's father?

      No, Emilia's ages were already given by the author

      Well, Petelgeuse apologized towards Flugel when he took his bones to absorb the Witch Genes of Sloth. Now that's funny, since Flugel is actually the only person we know had Witch Genes in the story formerly. So that means, could it be he also had Wrath genes?

      Why? Petelgeuse could be apologizing for having to use the Witch Genes he was asked to safeguard. And technically it's not the box, it was what was inside of it. What does this have to do with the Wrath Genes anyway?

      Emilia mentions that she got her aspects of the Witch thanks to her mother/father

      Actually, Emilia is most likely referring to Fortuna here

      What i'm thinking is that Crazy Geuse remembered where the 'last genes' we're hidden and showed that to Pandora. Pandora got interested into that and resurrected Fortuna and gave her the Genes, without Fortuna knowing that Pandora gave her the Genes, and still thinking that Flugel was the one that hided and had the Wrath Genes.

      Like I mentioned with your previous theory, theories need a basis, you need to prove that this is somewhat possible first. It wouldn't be accurate to speculate how stuff like this works without proper confirmation either

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      Gracedharperd wrote: Okay, so my theory is : Could it be that Flugel is in actuality Emilia's father?

      No, Emilia's ages were already given by the author


      Well, Petelgeuse apologized towards Flugel when he took his bones to absorb the Witch Genes of Sloth. Now that's funny, since Flugel is actually the only person we know had Witch Genes in the story formerly. So that means, could it be he also had Wrath genes?

      Why? Petelgeuse could be apologizing for having to use the Witch Genes he was asked to safeguard. And technically it's not the box, it was what was inside of it. What does this have to do with the Wrath Genes anyway?


      Emilia mentions that she got her aspects of the Witch thanks to her mother/father

      Actually, Emilia is most likely referring to Fortuna here


      What i'm thinking is that Crazy Geuse remembered where the 'last genes' we're hidden and showed that to Pandora. Pandora got interested into that and resurrected Fortuna and gave her the Genes, without Fortuna knowing that Pandora gave her the Genes, and still thinking that Flugel was the one that hided and had the Wrath Genes.

      Like I mentioned with your previous theory, theories need a basis, you need to prove that this is somewhat possible first. It wouldn't be accurate to speculate how stuff like this works without proper confirmation either


      Plus as far we have seen the Witch Genes don't attached themselves to the dead, Pandora hasnt' shown the ability to revive. Make super zombies yes, but not actually bring anyone back to life.

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote: No, Emilia's ages were already given by the author

      I forgot to add that Flugel is a reincarnation spirit. The first Flugel was the sealer, the second one was the father of Emilia, a elf with aspacts of Satella. And the third is Subaru

      Why? Petelgeuse could be apologizing for having to use the Witch Genes he was asked to safeguard. And technically it's not the box, it was what was inside of it. What does this have to do with the Wrath Genes anyway?

      What do you mean why? That's exactly what i'm saying, he apologized to Flugel for absorbing the Genes. And my theory says, What if Flugel also had the Wrath genes somewhere hidden.

      Like I mentioned with your previous theory, theories need a basis, you need to prove that this is somewhat possible first. It wouldn't be accurate to speculate how stuff like this works without proper confirmation either.

      It's just a theory.

        Loading editor
    • Gracedharperd wrote: I forgot to add that Flugel is a reincarnation spirit. The first Flugel was the sealer, the second one was the father of Emilia, a elf with aspacts of Satella. And the third is Subaru

      I think you just mean reincarnation, the spirit part doesn't really have anything to do with it. Although it seems to makes sense, there's no indication that reincarnation exists, and it wouldn't really make sense why Flugel would be reincarnated as someone in a different world like Subaru. Even if Flugel reincarnated into Subaru because they're both from the same world, it wouldn't make sense why Flugel would be reincarnated as Emilia's father

      What do you mean why? That's exactly what i'm saying, he apologized to Flugel for absorbing the Genes. And my theory says, What if Flugel also had the Wrath genes somewhere hidden.

      You could've condensed that part to say "Since Petelgeuse had a box with the Sloth Genes, could Flugel have made more boxes with other genes in them?" instead of your original post that confused me

      It's just a theory.

      Even if it is "just a theory", you can't pull stuff out of nowhere

        Loading editor
    • I don't agree with the bones' part, there is no real significance to Petel-Flugel relationship, What I do have a good theory about is. Satella and Flugel orchestrating Subaru's summoning in order for him and Emilia to reach and rescue Satella. A few hints about this is the very fact that the day he was summoned, Emilia was supposed to die from Elsa, trying to retrieve the insignia. But his Return by Death is working precisely so that Emilia can reach her goals no matter who tries to stop her. Another hint is how the witches explain how if he is to do anything about Satella's current situation he needs to become a Sage, having in his power most if not all witches genes, which is still a long way to go. So from another perspective the events happening 400 years after, are happening now because Emilia and Subaru fulfilled all conditions to set the plan in motion.

        Loading editor
    • Neither of your two points are hints

      Alukardz wrote: But his Return by Death is working precisely so that Emilia can reach her goals no matter who tries to stop her.

      This only works because Subaru decided to help Emilia, otherwise she would've died anyway

      Another hint is how the witches explain how if he is to do anything about Satella's current situation he needs to become a Sage, having in his power most if not all witches genes, which is still a long way to go.

      Going into battle against one of the strongest characters in the series with only 2 authorities he can barely use would just get him killed fast

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:
      Neither of your two points are hints

      Alukardz wrote: But his Return by Death is working precisely so that Emilia can reach her goals no matter who tries to stop her.

      This only works because Subaru decided to help Emilia, otherwise she would've died anyway


      Another hint is how the witches explain how if he is to do anything about Satella's current situation he needs to become a Sage, having in his power most if not all witches genes, which is still a long way to go.

      Going into battle against one of the strongest characters in the series with only 2 authorities he can barely use would just get him killed fast

      You have to think about why Subaru has Return by Death in the first place that is the KEY to the whole novel. It comes from Envy there is no denying that, a Satella personality, of all the places in that world, he is summoned at a location where Emilia will show up and the day she was to die by Elsa, hence Satella has some use for Emilia, not necessarily a vessel. but a way to release her. however as weak as Emilia is, she has no chance to survive the witch cult let alone reach the tower, which is where the second part of the plan comes in. Subaru with RbD is the only one that is able beat almost impossible odds, as long as the enemy doesn't know about it. One particular anime very recently exploited this ability is the "12 Zodiac War" that and the part that he has the same scent as Flugel and is from the same world tells me that either Flugel orchestrated his summon at this time or that Satella summoned him and it is for her benefit.

        Loading editor
    • Alukardz wrote: he is summoned at a location where Emilia will show up and the day she was to die by Elsa, hence Satella has some use for Emilia, not necessarily a vessel. but a way to release her.

      There's nothing to prove that Subaru would've encountered Emilia at all

      however as weak as Emilia is, she has no chance to survive the witch cult let alone reach the tower, which is where the second part of the plan comes in.

      Emilia wouldn't have reached the tower with Subaru's help either, they reached it because of the efforts of everyone in the party

      that and the part that he has the same scent as Flugel and is from the same world tells me that either Flugel orchestrated his summon at this time or that Satella summoned him and it is for her benefit.

      This doesn't prove anything. The smell most likely comes from the authorities and being from the other world doesn't mean anything by itself

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:There's nothing to prove that Subaru would've encountered Emilia at all

      My friend after his second death because he passed out in front of the fruit shop, he had to stay in the same spot he was summoned, Emilia passed by not long after, it is not a coincidence.

      Angelo Gabrini wrote:Emilia wouldn't have reached the tower with Subaru's help either, they reached it because of the efforts of everyone in the party

      You got a point there.

      Angelo Gabrini wrote:This doesn't prove anything. The smell most likely comes from the authorities and being from the other world doesn't mean anything by itself

      There were and are are other people with authorities and I don't see any Archbishop of Sin saying "Oh you smell like Pride, Oh you smell like Sloth" and there are more connections between him and Flugel, like how Satella said Subaru gave her light and a purpose to live. that could only happen 400 years ago, before she was sealed, and if he smells like Flugel because of the Witch Genes then surely you can't have the 2 of them several Witch genes at the same time, hence the same person. and if it's not because of the Witch Genes then there is another connection you got there. I'll see myself out, thanks.

        Loading editor
    • Alukardz wrote: My friend after his second death because he passed out in front of the fruit shop, he had to stay in the same spot he was summoned, Emilia passed by not long after, it is not a coincidence.

      That still doesn't prove your point. Emilia and Felt simply happened to pass by at the time, if Subaru hadn't passed out during loop 3 he probably wouldn't have encountered her at all

      There were and are are other people with authorities and I don't see any Archbishop of Sin saying "Oh you smell like Pride, Oh you smell like Sloth"

      There are only a few characters that have been shown to smell/sense if someone has any of the authorities, namely Rem, Petelgeuse, and Shaula. It's not strange at all if most characters don't talk about Subaru's smell

      and if he smells like Flugel because of the Witch Genes then surely you can't have the 2 of them several Witch genes at the same time, hence the same person

      This point relies on the point before it (the part about Subaru being there 400 years ago) to be true. While it does sound reasonable, there's been no mention of any time traveling magic at all. I've seen a number of theories about this like Subaru being summoned once before, his dad was Flugel, and such, but in my opinion it's best to wait until it's properly explained

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      Alukardz wrote: My friend after his second death because he passed out in front of the fruit shop, he had to stay in the same spot he was summoned, Emilia passed by not long after, it is not a coincidence.

      That still doesn't prove your point. Emilia and Felt simply happened to pass by at the time, if Subaru hadn't passed out during loop 3 he probably wouldn't have encountered her at all

      Actually, It is fact that Subaru and Emilia meeting was something that was predestined. Remember, Roswall had been taking action from a gospel that, at the point it was revealed to Subaru, was (approximately) 200 years old. The realization that ALL of Roswaal's actions had been guided by the gospel and that Subaru was in that gospel (a gospel that was COMPLETE..no new info later on) should make it obvious that their meeting was predetermined. I mean the whole reason Roswaal supported Emilia, who he thought was incompetent, was because of the actions he knew Subaru would take for her.


      not to mention that moment when Roswaal asked Subaru "do you remember?" and is then disappointed in his response.

      hinting, in my opinion, that he knew Subaru before the events as we see them happen and that maybe that wasnt the actual time subaru had first appeared in that world. I also think that based on things said by the witches and several others through the series. but that's a whole other story.

        Loading editor
    • Just because Roswaal's gospel is more complete than the Witch Cult's own doesn't mean it's omnipotent, only Echidna has the book that reveals everything, and Roswaal's own can be lacking, like Subaru pointed out in Arc 4. Although he knew that Subaru was able to return back in time, he didn't know how he was doing it (the gospel didn't clearly state it), and whatever is written in the book can change, as shown when Subaru overturned the situation to win the bet against him

        Loading editor
    • I have some theory

      1. betelguse is the 1st spirit ecidna created and and then he make contract with flugel

      2. flugel have 7 witch genes, and pandora kill flugel to get the witch genes, but she only got few witch genes which compatible to her companions (regulus, ley, sirius, etc). betelguese compatible with witch gene autority of sloth, so pandora wont kill betelguese, instead make him mad, and join her. (( 1 person can have more than 1 witch genes, well, subaru have 2, right))

      I think RBD is from authority of pride, I knew echidna said that RBD is from witch of envy, but she said her self that its only speculation without proof. So, satela only give sabaru the smell of warlock attribut hahaha

      3. puck is the second spirit echidna created and he make contract with satela. puck lost his memories because the contract, ( I read in arc 4, and puck sundenly remember the contract he have before when he met betelguese. its in subaru 2nd trial )

      sorry my english is bad

        Loading editor
    • I agree with the proposition that Subaru was meant to have met Emilia. You don't need proof in the sense of literal communications of the author or literal facts of the world fabricated by the author. Neither does there have to be absolute proof to render a theory to be likely or plausible. Its about estimating likelihoods and it's much more likely than not that the author intended the witch of envy to have summoned Subaru at the opportune time to encounter Emilia. It is not a coincidence that Subaru was intended to meet Emilia when he was summoned to this world. The author has written this story so far intending Subaru and Emilia to play significant roles in it's development. The witch of envy as been connected to Emilia several times independent of Subaru's connection to the witch, IE Echidna's demeanor towards Emilia, etc. There is likely some link relating the witch of envy, Subaru and Emilia that the author hasn't disclosed as of yet. Intention wise, it makes sense that Subaru was brought into this parallel world for the purposes of meeting Emilia. Especially since, Emillia would have likely died that day due to Elsa (who has connections with Roswaal). Assuming Elsa was hired by Roswaal, there seems to be some link between the timing of Subaru's summons, Roswaals instructions to Elsa for doing what she did, and Emilias presence at the same time. When several threads and plotpoints all align, it's more likely to be not coincidence. Of course I'm speaking in hypotheticals, as you generally do in theory-crafting, I do not believe the assumptions I made are invalid or preposterous. The author hasn't said word for word that Roswaal did hire Elsa, etc. But there is good intention to believe so. if the facts existed it wouldn't be a theory. 

        Loading editor
    • roswaal already admitted  himself that he hired elsa. but someone else interfered from what roswaal instructed to elsa.

      why you need the author to said word?

        Loading editor
    • Here's a really crazy theory but hear me out

      What if echidna (of all people) was Emilia's mother

      Now we know that Emilia's dad was an elf

      His mother However is supposed to be human

      Echidna has the witch gene of greed but she was human herself

      There's also 2 echidna one 400 years old (in beako and Rosewall era)

      One is the one Subaru and Emilia met in the memory palace

      It was clearly mentioned that those two were different persons

      And further facts supporting it is


      1) the way she tried helping Subaru in the first trial 2) she proposed what was in her opinion the most logical choice 3) the fact that she till the end remained friendly towards her (well as friendly as a witch can be anyway)

      Also in Emilia's scenerio 1)even though she was acting a bit rude towards her she was pretty supportive of her while she doing trial 2)she called her stubborn like her mother (stating she had atleast known her mom..

      TBH echidna can be pretty stubborn considering how she hated envy)

      So here's a theory of what happened

      She was somehow able to break a part of her soul after dying and transcribed it on a human (which looked like the echidna in the dream castle.... remember she's doing same thing with anaesthesia right now) or made a contract with her mom she fell in love with his dad and they had a showdown with pandora in sanctuary they died but Dona was able to copy her consciousness into the trail system

        Loading editor
    • Echidna was sealed by Volcanica and would be unable to give birth to Emilia. Otherwise Emilia would be 400+ years.

        Loading editor
    • Gracedharperd wrote: Echidna was sealed by Volcanica and would be unable to give birth to Emilia. Otherwise Emilia would be 400+ years.

      But there are two echidnas remember? One was in the tomb and the other one was controlling the dream castle, they didn't looked anything similar

        Loading editor
    • Also the fact that she created puck who's supposed to be Emilia's father, had contact with Betelgeuse (well atleast beako knew about him) and was at odds with the extremist wing of witch cult

        Loading editor
    • But there are two echidnas remember? One was in the tomb and the other one was controlling the dream castle, they didn't looked anything similar

      You do realize that those were the exact same?

      Re Zero Light Novel Volume 15 8
      This is Echidna in the tomb, the body.












      Echidna Dress

      This is the Echidna in the "dream castle".



      They are the same Echidna, only the above one is her actual body, with this one being her soul. If you're talking about Echidna (Artificial Spirit), I highly doubt she has any relevants in this theory.

        Loading editor
    • Gracedharperd wrote:
      But there are two echidnas remember? One was in the tomb and the other one was controlling the dream castle, they didn't looked anything similar
      You do realize that those were the exact same?
      Re Zero Light Novel Volume 15 8
      This is Echidna in the tomb, the body.












      Echidna Dress

      This is the Echidna in the "dream castle".



      They are the same Echidna, only the above one is her actual body, with this one being her soul. If you're talking about Echidna (Artificial Spirit), I highly doubt she has any relevants in this theory.

      Actally there supposeed to be differences. Echidna's actually body is older refined and with an different atmosphere compared her teen looking self in the Dream Citadel.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message